– Live one day at a time and maximize that day. Focus on doing today’s work to the best of your capability, because that’s all you can do. Don’t think about the gym session tomorrow or the paper you have to hand-in in 2 weeks. Just do what needs to get done today as well as you can.
– Do your tasks in order of importance/urgency.
– If you worry a lot, occupy your day with stimulating work that takes your mind off the worries. In this case, he used two examples: 1) cleaning which is “automated work” is bad if you worry since it doesn’t stimulate you enough and 2) sales in a store where you’re on your feet all day and talking to customers is great since it’s stimulating work that takes your mind off everything else.
– Exercise daily and don’t overeat to keep stress down and stay fit.
– If you feel like you’re overworked and missing out, take out some hours each day to do activities you enjoy. Here he used an example of Rockerfeller who was rich his whole life but never went out and parties or to play and treated his workers like dogs. He was miserable most of the time and nobody liked to be around him. Later on he changed some of these things, but at that time he was already old.
– Give people sincere compliments whenever they deserve it, because that makes them smile and makes your day better. I did this to a young kid in my local grocery store who always gave a good service and cleaned up after me when I broke a lot of stuff because I hit some beer bottles by accident. I told him he gives exceptional service and that he would be a good sales man. He brightened up like I’ve never seen and thanked me like 5 times. Since then we always chat when I shop there.
Then one day my blood pressure reading went to 180/105… I knew something had been wrong for about 3 days. Now females listen up. It is true that women have different symptoms then men. I tried everything to be none stressed. I had the tightness in my jaw…I had the uneasiness of a slight burning between my shoulder blades, BUT no tightness running through the arms, or
weakness in extremities. Just a tired, odd feeling between shoulder blades and tightness in the jaw I said I’m going to the fore station near me and get a reading…they have EMT/paramedics there and setting not he ermergency room will cost a future and take forever to me seen and it was 11:30 pm. So the firehouse guys were so sweet, and I had to wake them..I felt so bad and kept apologizing….they assured me no problem. I told them my BP meter at home was giving me off the chart readings of 180/105… Then he listened and his reply was…so where would hospital you like the ambulance to drive you to. He then said I’m getting the reading you did, and they use sthescopes so I knew their readings were on the money.
They said we can’t let you leave here drive yourself with a BP like that because you could stroke out or have a neath attack and pass out driving and hurt someone. I agreed with them…so off to the hospital for tests, all over nights and all conformed fine.
Then my doctor prescribed me Verapamil ER. All in all they have been doing a great job….
Q. Had FMS for almost twenty years now, tried almost everything. Is Lyrica in the "steroid" family? Any one in this community could help me? I have given my few questions to find out an answer. I Had FMS for almost twenty years now, tried almost everything. I'm considering Lyrica but I'd like more info. Is Lyrica in the "steroid" family? If you go on Lyrica for a while & see no improvement with pain, is going off of it a big deal like with other med's, or can you simply just stop taking it? I take Ambien, will that have any interactions? I'm seeing my Doc about this at the end of the month, but I was hoping to get some personal experiences about it. Thanks for any thoughts! Thanks for your answers, keep them coming! A. according to this-
there is a moderate interaction. that means you can take them both but be checked regularly for depression of breath.